I have been reading this book (i dont wanna see the movie just yet, but I LOVE Julia Roberts). Its insightful and takes you into moments where you can actually relate. In the surrogacy world of things, you do feel like escaping and feel alone. But in the mist of your journey you look around (or read around in our case too) that you arent alone.
We have been so confused as to our next steps, and i started this blog to help/inspire others to proceed with magic in your hearts and faith of others. Having 3 negatives put you in a light (where u dont wanna be) and re-think. We are back at square one. But here are some questions that many people many have just like us:
- Do we try with the same clinic?
- Do we use our own eggs or use an ED at this point?
- Is it my eggs that are the problem?
- What tests do i need to get done to determine that?
http://peterssurrogacyblog.blogspot.com
http://www.globaldoctoroptions.com
We have sat and thought and sat some more, but we think we are going with an ED (80% sure).
- we tried 3x's and no success
- money is no more with 3 tries
- we started this journey and capped it at 3 with our own eggs
- i'm afraid my eggs are trying to tell me something (if they have not been successful thus far, and if i try once more and its a positive, then-
- A)it might not be great qulaity to stick around
- B)even worse our baby having a birth defect, due to the egg quality
- I want a baby NOW..lol, enough said :)
GOOD LUCK TO ALL and CONGRATS to my newly surro mummies and daddies...our original crew (starting late 2008) should have a reunion with all our babies, when the time comes!! I feel i am stragaling behind but will cross the finish line one day, God willing.

6 comments:
You will be a mom. Don't ever doubt that, and don't ever give up on your dream. You will make a great parent.
I am praying for you. Now I will add that God leads you in the right direction, and that you and Rick will be at peace with your decision.
Totally understand where you're coming from - you want a family NOW so what do you need to do to achieve this? Happy that you're considering the ED route. These babies are so longed for that I don't think genetics plays much of a part at all (except for citizenship purposes). If changing clinics helps you to achieve your dream, change. If you're happy, stay.
And we are having a reunion - 2014 in Phuket/Singapore. Look forward to meeting you and Rick (and a bubs or two) then!!!
Once you hold that baby in your arms, he or she will be your baby. DNA provides the framework for the shape of a nose or the length of a foot, but it is love, time, patience and joy that makes a person who they are.
You will be the best Mom ever. And it will happen soon, I can just feel it.
xxx
Mandy
Jojo is right on about genetics.
Glad to hear you are moving on to the next step and exploring your options. No one knows where the assisted reproductive industry in India is heading with all the pending regulation on the horizon so it's wise you act while the options are still there. At the very least people can expect costs to go up at least 20-30% once the new laws hit the books, this is what I have heard from several industry players. This will only get more expensive and more regulated as time goes on. Good luck.
Jon
PS - while I am no fan of the SI clinic, they have proven in a very short period of time that they can "deliver"
Stay with the devil you know as the saying goes...
8-)
Thanks for the support everyone, it helps!
PS: Phuket/Singapore?? WOW!! now i have to save for that, lol.
Love the new look Blog. I think when we do this, it is an indication to the world that something has changed in our thinking, doing or being - like a sign post to the rest of the community.
I know that choosing to use an ED was significant for us, but as you say what becomes most important is having that baby in your arms. I hold on to what people like Jo and Meg have said, when they put that baby in your arms, it is clearly yours.
Whatever road you choose, it will take you closer to your dream of being a Mummy,
CC
Post a Comment