We are feeling the heat (not the Delhi heat, well not yet!) to get things done but as far as our check list goes here it is:
- NURSERY- pretty much done, just have to put a baby in there. We assembled the storage unit and stocked it with bottles, diapers, creams, etc.
- FLIGHTS- after much thought and holding out until we get a call, i spoke to the staff and Dr. Shivani and it doesn't look like we have any issues with preterm labor, since we only have 4 weeks before we were gonna fly out anyways. So since Air India is on strike and all we bit the bullet and purchased 2 round trip tickets for 4 wks!! we will arrive 1 wk before birth and give ourselves 3 wks after birth...$275 to change tickets can you imagine..oh wait yes you can.
- PACKING SUITCASES- we started this week and feel really lazy to get far..i've been taking more breaks than packing but we did it...we have all the goods for baby and us in 4 suitcases and 2 carry-ons.
- USA EXIT PROCESS- not much here as we just have all our documents ready to go (our passports, marriage cert, birth cert, SS statements) we really didn't make tons of copies, 1 each of everything hopefully that will be enough. I guess we will depend on Poonam once we hire her and get there.
- OUR ESCAPE PLAN- this has been my ulcer ...since we havent told EVERYONE about our plans because after 4 negatives people start to talk about our India option and think we should not go back...so we left it up to the imagination when we said we are expecting...to vague? well who cares i've dealt with gossip, rumors, the absent minded and then some, so my personal choices are my happiness, they can suck it. So now since we will be away for 4 wks what will our excuse be when someone wants to come over?? hmmm
- BABY and SURROGATE- ahhh the blessing from God! What can i say but i am so happy with our surrogate and baby's progress...they both are healthy and progressing nicely, says the docs. Our next scan is June 19th. Final payment (well from here) has been made and all expenses will be in India now...GOD HELP ME on that one.
We are thrilled with everything. I can't tell you how long we have waited for this and can't believe we are actually picking up our baby soon, who me? nah, its someone else, oh wait it is me!! My number is up and my wait is over (well for the next few weeks)...I just wanna get there and hold our baby! I am terrified not only of being a parent but of the DELHI HEAT!! I don't do well with heat, i usually pass out (only once in South America, come on don't judge me, LOL). SO i will have to order CASES upon CASES of water for our room! Thank you all for such wonderful support, we have been so blessed with our Surro-Buddies and when i tell people about you all they are so happy we have such GREAT friends :)
14 comments:
Very exciting!!! SOOOOOON!!!
Wow I'm so excited for you ,I'm at 20 weeks and haven't even start the getting thing in order yet ,I said I would waite until I'm 24weeks ,just wondering which visa did you apply for medical or tourist ...and dose sci have and discount rates with any of the hotel in India ? I wish you all the best I'll be checking back to keep updated ...
That was quick booking flights!! YAY!! Not long now!! I cannot wait for you to finally meet you child.
I just found your blog and read your looong journey. So happy that you're where you are now! The clock is ticking!
Oh, I so remember this nervousity and excitement. Isn't it way too exciting? All the imagination how it will feel, what the baby looks like and so on? What are you most curious about?
With my first baby I was most interested whether she had daddy's ears or not. With our baby boy I was dying to know whether he had more hair than his big sister. :D Both times we totally forgot about checking out the gender once they were born.
Many hugs and greetings from Sweden!!
You will make a wonderful mommy. So exciting.
You are so close now!!! So exciting...you will be in Delhi soon enough. My sister spends every summer in southeast Asia and highly recommends taking hydration salts...in case you get overheated or sick.
Cant believe its here! Is it too soon for an 'I told you so'. I believe i even said i promise your time will come. ;). So beyond excited for you. Your life will be forever change when that little angel is placed in your arms. Cant wait for pics. Xoxo from HOT Arizona.
I know what you mean!I am not looking forward to the heat at all.We are leaving Jul 3 rd...and we are soooo excited,except for the heat and possible monsoon!!Looking forward to meeting you all.Love what you did with the nursery!!Your little bub will ove it too!!
kathy
It is so exciting to see you at the final stages! We can't wait to read about your good news!
It's finally your turn darling!!!
You are already such an amazing mommy xxx
So thrilled for you! Love the storage closet ;)
I really like the color of the baby room, and wish you guys a safe journey. I'm looking forward to the baby photos!
Think you need to kick off a sibling project asap, you have a LOT of creams and lotions - LOL!!!!! So, so happy that you're at the pointy end of your journey. Simply enjoy India (again) and meeting bubs. And welcome (nearly) to the graduating class of 2012.
Hugs from a cold Australia.
Lisa
xx
Post a Comment