CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 7, 2008

How The Journey Began

First day of blogging, how exciting. I wanted to start a blog for my own personal experience on an atempt to go to Anand, India because I want to share my experience with those who are interested. It all started in April when hubby brought home an article "Wombs for Rent". I thought to myself 'oh my lord' here we go. I was not the open one in our relationship, clearly. I finally read the article and it was everything i hoped for in Surrogacy. The thought of surrogacy to me was very upseting in the case where I am not the one carrying my child and I have no clue what the person will be doing (or eating or smoking or going) who will be carrying my child. So that was out of the question. BUT...as i read the article and did a little bit more research on the topic and article, I realized these women were everything I was looking for. For example, they live in a facility by the hospital and have round the clock care. The are provided with a staff of doctors, nurses, nurtion, cooks, counselors and each other for support. I thought it was too good to be true when I emailed the doctor in charge of this facility and answered all my questions. She was ready for me to cycle and retreive MY eggs as early as September 2008. Unfortunately, we had just come back from a long vactaion in Guyana in March and could not get the time off from work. So we postponed it to early 2009. The doctor gave us a finiancial breakdown, the contract and them a treatment plan that starts tomorrow. YES!! very exciting and fast, I know. My husband, has been a God sent to me in a dream. He is my rock and salvation to whom I owe this journey to. He has encouraged me to strive for better and helped me realize my strengths (even eating healthy and nutrious, oh boy). I am very nervous and praying all goes well for us beacuse it is our first attempt. We will be having a gestational surrogacy (my eggs and his sperm) and it will be our biological child, for those who are not familiar with the term. This is just the beginning...WISH US LUCK! a little bit of magic goes a long way-"Tinker Bell"

No comments: