Well, its been a while since my last post. Since we are not in India yet, I feel i have nothing to share. BUT, I do :) Since the last time I wrote, I have booked our flight with Qatar Airlines, we got our Visa (on the same day in NY), and we reserved our hotel La Casa Inn through Dr. Patel. I feel we are on our way!!! We have the major things out of the way; flight, hotel and visa. Now the wait begins. I have been put on BCP (birth control pills) and Folic Acid (which i take prenatal vitamins) to start my treatment. I have to do this for 3 months until i see Dr. Patel. I have been pretty much on the SI forum and chatting with wonderful women who are going thru this and sharing their trips and struggles. Everyone is sooo cool. I am just counting down to when i have to leave, i wish it could be there tomorrow..lol. I have 10 weeks 3 days to go. It seems like forever. I have still been in debate what to tell family and close friends. We have agreed not to tell anyone anything until the 1st trimester is completed (thats
if we get a positive result). We have told our parents and siblings we are going on vacation to India. My brother and mom are the point persons for the trip (knowing our story and all the flight/hotel/hospital inforamtion). Until then i will keep posting.
4 comments:
Congrats on the blog! I like!
Kerrie
Mandy,
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. We are enjoying our 5 week old baby, Mark who was also born in Anand. My girlfriend just found out last friday, from Dr. Patel that her surrogate is pregant with twins. I'm a witness to the fact that Dr. Patel, knows what she is doing, and lots of babies come out of Anand, India!!
Mandy,
I'm looking forward to hearing about Anand experiences on your blog. 10 weeks does seem like an eternity, but they pass more quickly than expected!
hi mandy
don't worry - january isn't far away at all. especially when you consider that the holidays will be between now and then.
i'm not going till april. Argh!
keep posting! it helps everyone.
Post a Comment