CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Allergy & Sinus

I am home sick today due to my allergy and sinus. let me start from the beginning.
I have 2 part time jobs to make up 1 full time...i tried to be smart since my "main" job was ending in December, i dropped down to 20 hrs a week to pick us another job, so when i end in Dec. I would at least have the 2nd...right?? WRONG!!!

I started the 2nd job only to find out i was allergic to the conditions (allergens, dust, and mold) which triggers my allergy and sinus, which then leads to fluid build up in my EAR from the sinus congestion (mucus) and THEN leads to a SINUS INFECTION- which is painful might i add.

When i found this out after working a week or so, i asked my "main" job for my 40 hrs to be re-instated. They said NO, i explained i needed 40 hrs for financial reasons and they offered me 30. I cant have a baby on 30 hrs a week!! I NEED 40. I explained to them i am allergic to the other job and really need the $$- I even explained i needed the $$ for SURROGACY.....yes i took it there. Still nothing.

So i stayed at the main and 2nd job....only to be on meds and sick as can be because i really need the $$. It serves no point because so far all my $$ is going to meds and doctors appointments. each med is no less the $70 each. And i will need REFILLS.


I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I know i am going to have to leave the 2nd job, and by dec. have No job. This is the funny part...i get no unemployment benefits because i was part time at both places. So i cant even use that option. What is a girl to do. i hate taking these meds, they make me dizzy, tired, rapid heart beat and sleepy. But they clear up the sinus...

BOTTOM LINE: no sinus problems means stop working at 2nd job..means no meds. easy fix...right? i dunno.

Its ok, because i am employable...i'll just get back out there and interview and look like crazy. I would just hate to start a new job, because i have to leave for India and if they say no, i cant take the job. Not many employers want their employee to take 2 weeks off in their first couple of months...

5 comments:

coco said...

mandy
i can understand everything you are going thru even though i don't suffer from allergies but i do understand life. first things first and one day at a time. to save your sanity and your health, quit that second job, take the 30 hours from the first job, get off of all those meds and if anything, sit down and relax for a moment. in your spare time, start to look for the new job and don't worry about having to take the time off to go to india. cross that bridge when you get to it. i'm new to blogging but try and hang in there and take care of yourself or else you'll be a wreck by the time the baby comes. everything will work out

jojo said...

Oh i really feel for you mandy. i totally understand your concerns regarding money - and i know the pressure you're under.

have you asked SI about payment options? Perhaps they can work out a plan for you, which means you could stagger your payments in a better way?

anything's better than getting sick from your job (being sick OF your job's bad enough).

many kisses and cuddles

xxx

Mandy said...

Thanks so much guys!
Coco- u are abosolutely right! thank you for bringing me into reality and 1 step at a time.

JoJo-i will definately find from SI, it never crossed my mind...thanks!

Sarah Andrews said...

Hi Mandy:

Gosh - I hope that you are feeling better soon. Things always have a way of working themselves out so I think that you are going to find a job that was better then the first 2. Quit #2. It will give you that extra drive to get out there.

Hugs.

Kerry said...

Hi Mandy, Hope you are feeling a little better. I agree with the others....your health is the most important thing....you never know what tomorrow will bring....I'm sure there will be another job out there, everything will fall in to place by taking one day at a time. Try not to worry hun. Big hugs xx