CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Morning Rituals

Every morning is pretty much a routine...up and out the door to work, grab my Quick Check French Vanilla Latte, check my emails and then my surro-buddies blogland. I have taken a back seat (which is NOT like me) and enjoy reading everyones journey. I sometimes put my head in my hands after everything and say "when Lord, when?". I really do feel a break is what we need but patience is NOT my thing. We just celebrated my god-son's 2nd bday and boy i tell you, its GREAT practice. We took him to Chuck E Cheese then home for cake, presents and dancing (yes he LOVES to dance and pulls up me or hubby to join in). Its great to share in these moments with him and reflect. We also as always are busy with family/friends (I always say this and everyone prpbably thinks were the busy lil bee's in our social life but when your dad is 1 of 15 and his dad is 1 of 15 then tell me something i dont know..lol, 2 words-SOUTH AMERICA-loves Big families).

Anywho, thats why having a baby is so important to me. We still have our 6 embies on ice and now are fighting with IVF NJ because aparently my insurance didnt cover ANYTHING (and in the consultation they kept saying oh you're approved for coverage, you have great insurance, no worries, BS). Now i am fit with a bill for over$5K in treatment, plus storage fees for our embies...AHH.

On the bright side of life, we are (actually I am, hehe) shopping and getting ready for our trip to Jamaica in mid-May. We head out with another couple (his cousin and her husband) and cant wait, we even have a count down!

On the surrogacy front i try not to mention it to hubby because its when he's ready and NO PRESSURE but come on its been 5 months (he actually asked for a year...what 5 months isnt a year? hummm). We know we will go the ED route because we need a positive since we are TIGHT in cash and need it like yesterday. We simply cant afford trying with my eggs and risk a negative, we need a sure positive, on the 4th dam try. We will use my eggs down the line maybe, who knows.

Keep up all the GREAT posts as you all are an inspiration for me to continue down this path and give me hope and can attest that this does work if you stay in the game...no matter how long and how many obstacles. Love you guys!!

10 comments:

Rhonda and Gerry W said...

Great to hear from you dear. You are never far from my thoughts. Love and hugs.

Twins4Abed said...

I'm glad to hear you haven't given up. You guys our thoughts and prayers for successful pregnancy in the near future.

jojo said...

Just so you know, gorgeous, you will fall madly in love with your baby, whether it's your eggs or not. Griff is my mind, my heart, my soul and my body. Your baby will be the same to you.

Not long now and all will be well. Enjoy your sleep till then.

Xxx

GeGe said...

I still pray everyday for your dream to become a reality, and am so proud of you for waiting when it's so hard to do.

Kerry said...

Good to hear you are both well and looking forward to a holiday. Waiting is the hardest game......hang on in there....your dreams will become a reality....stay strong my friend xx BIG HUGS xx

Joallie said...

You are the first person I've ever posted too, but I want you to know you are not alone. All the blogs I started following a couple years ago, well it seems like they all have babies now, except you right???? That's how I feel. Been trying five years, two chemical pregnancies, that's it. My DH and I are in our 40's and I'm feeling we missed the boat somehow. Good luck and know that even though we will never meet, I care!!

Mandy said...

Thank you! That is the sweetest thing anyone has said to me. That makes me feel so loved!

Your so sweet, i hope u have the energy to continue hun, its the feeling that makes us feel aged really not our actual age, funny isn't it. You are definitely not alone either. Much love from Jersey!

Kerrie and Mark said...

I missed this update! Well, a break is good for sure, we took a mini break too and then went full steam ahead! For now, enjoy Jamaica and maybe when you get home hubby will be starting to think about next steps.
The insurance thing totally sucks! Atleast in Canada we know we have to pay 100% so there are no surprises.

Joallie said...

I'm glad my post helped. :) I started following these blogs when my friend's friend (Our Journey to Parenthood) started posting when her baby was just a dream. She is now 1.5 years old! We have unexplained infertility and have tried 6 IUI's and 1 IVF that got switched to an IUI because of low response. That used up what our insurance would cover. I'm 41 and even though I look really young, I'm starting to feel old. We'll see what this year will bring...

Phoenix said...

Of course five months is a year in this battle to become parents! You will get there Mandy, you will!!!