Many of you know (reading my posts) my job is quite busy with no time for myself. My program (Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies) is one of my best jobs ever. Unfortunately i have 2 cities to work with and all pregnant moms (or new moms that already delivered). THATS A LOT OF PEOPLE, plus hosting trainings and conducting workshops and throwing 2 baby showers For over 100 people) a year gets to be quite tiring. Today i decided to take a day off. I have been so tired by the time i get home and just shower/eat/sleep.
I have been in the baby section forever it feels, since i am always buying for my friends babies plus making gift baskets for the baby shower. I dont like being in the baby section anymore and i feel sad each time i go now. It never use to bother me and i think i have been very attached to my god-son (but he's moved to MD). I buy so much things for him each time he visits or when we go. I think to myself more now, oh i wonder what i would be buying for my own child? will i have the support as i give others? plus since i wont be working when the baby comes am i going to get all these nice things i give everyone else?? I have no clue. Plus i've been patiently waiting for my surro-buddy to decide whether she will be going this year or not and i dont think i can wait anymore, its killing me. I love her to death but i need to know so i can keep sane. I emailed her yesterday and i hope i hear something back soon.
On the less tense side of things i cant wait to hear about Kerries's 2ww, Rhonda's updates, JoJo's results....Carrie's delivery in justa few months......plus everyone else i follow, you guys keep me busy and sane and ready for my 2nd try whenever that is.
From Australia Our IVF Babies
1 year ago
6 comments:
I don't know how you do that job, Mandy. It must be so difficult.
Be kind to yourself and take all the time you need to re-energise. This whole process can take such a toll, physically and emotionally.
I think you should go as soon as you can, with or without your friend. It'll be such an empowering adventure. Think of all the stories you'll have for little one when he/she's old enough to hear them.
xxx
I am with Jojo...just go! Never let anyone hold you back. You definately need to slow down. This job is an emotional killer and you need to rest away from it.
Really guys?? you think i should? its been on my mind forever now. if i go by myself on Oct.31, i will be usuing dr. patel because she has his sample, but if i dont go this year and wait til March 2010, i guess i will use surrogacy india.
Any thoughts or just go this year??
PS. i cant leave comments on Kerrie's pages, it always yells me there is an error, i'll figure it out.
You have to do what you feel is best but when we went for our second trip we did not want to wait. Now it becomes a question of the clinic and weighing your options.
You were very excited last time, I remember your energy and excitement. We felt the same way for our first trip and on the second one we were more guarded but still excited. Our thoughts were that the sooner we went the sooner we could have a family. Keep in mind we were not debating the clinic thing.
I hope your decision comes to you soon and you are comfortable with it.
PS: When I read about your job I just keep thinking "work/life balance".
Best of Luck!
PS: Sorry I should have put this on the last post but I cant access Kerrie's blog either, same error message I imagine.
Post a Comment