What a weekend full of excitement (good and bad). Here it is in a nutshell....
Friday- headed to NY to my in-laws
Saturday- helped cook (peel potatos..and help fry stuff..lol), decorate the hall, get hair done and rushed to get dress and headed to the hall where I had to MC. Saturday night, 130+ guests, everyone in their finest and I did a great job as MC, as told by a few people. They looked BEAUTIFUL....party ened at 3am.....slept for a few hours...and
Sunday- continued the party again in the back yard! the dj's came back half of the people came back...food/alcohol/dancing!! i slept at 3am but everyone at 7am.....lol...(i'm a party pooper)......
Monday-Labor Day!- just the inlaws and us having a few drinks, lunch and dinner. we got home at 11:45pm, beacuse we both had to work tuesday morning (hubby at 5am!!).
I must say being with family is the best...my sister came down and enjoyed herself as well. I have the best Brother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law in the world. Such loving and caring people they would be so easy to tell our story to when the time comes (when we our in our 3rd trimester..ever..lol). My "father-in-law", my husband's uncle became my FL because my FL died 2 years before the wedding, so his brother has taken me in as a daughter.....is an amazing man. Everyone talked and joked yesterday for hours about marriage and how "back in the days" their marriages were arranged!! I know, that's why we laugh about it but realized everyone is still together and happy as can be, more than love marriages.
My FL said (and I know he had a couple of drinks but still) that he's so happy each time he sees me and i'm such a wonderful person, very emotional moment came on when he said, "i accepted you when no one did and here you are today in my house where you are much appreciated." i had a bumpy road to be with my hubby but proved to everyone we were meant to be!
Another emotional moment was Saturday night when i started to cry in the bathroom....i had been approached by so many asking when are we gonna have kids and it NEVER bothers me but i just couldn't take it any more.....they when i sat next to my hubby he asked whats the matter and i didn't answer right away...but what pissed me off is when he said "people are gonna think its me.." i was like what?, and just pissed, thanks for consoling me Hun...not one of his better moments i think, but maybe it was the few drinks he had as well, cause i know i had quite a few so he must of had more than me.
I was so lost when i came back to my blog, i was a little sad when i missed my fellow surro-buddies posts, now its time to read each and every single one I missed. Well thats the wrap up of the 3-day partying (in a nutshell...lol...not).
From Australia Our IVF Babies
1 year ago
3 comments:
Welcome back Mandy. We missed you!
I saw Tinkerbell on your site for quite a while before your other blog layout kicked in, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Baby dust.
Stay strong, sweet thing. It'll be your turn soon.
I totally get your party-bustup. It's what happens when you're emotional and a bit drunk. Alcohol is a dangerous thing times like this.
Wish I could have seen you in your dress and watch the wonderful job you did as MC. You go girl!
xxx
The party sounds like it was fun! Long day and night, you must have been exhausted. The "when you having a baby" questions never gets easier and eventually you will build up a high tolerance to it. I personally give it back to some people who push the subject and tell them exactly why I have no children as of yet. And the rest of them I say "hopefully soon".
Stay strong!
Thanks for the hearty welcome!
Yeah, i guess alcohol is a the emotional drug..lol. I will post pics as soon as i get them.
I miss u guys.
Post a Comment