Do these low days go away?? I was just curious how long is it gonna take me to feel "normal" again....it seems like EVERYTHING bothers me. Now its gearing towards my hubby...i feel so distant from everyone.
Its been hot this week and i am lovin it....i know its gonna get back chilly by the end of the week and its ok. I'm ok with it. Keeping busy with work as always and have family over the next couple of weekends...that should keep my mind off of things.
VENTING SESSION OVER...
From Australia Our IVF Babies
1 year ago
7 comments:
Hi Mandy,
Hope the nice weather will lift your spirits. I'm sorry you've had so many disappointments. Seems like many people who have to make a few attempts go through this sort of "post tramatic stress disorder" when thinking about another attempt. Have you considered cycling with a donor? That could improve your odds on a next attempt, and I promise, you will love the baby just as much.
Venting is good. It's not an easy journey at all. Be good to yourself at least.
Mandy, it is not easy. I am with you currently. I have lost my steam to stay positive. I have nothing to offer you but an ear to commiserate with. Stay as strong as you can, and try not to take it out on hubby.
Mandy,
I have no words of wisdom. I wish I did. When your heart wants something so badly it is difficult and emotional. You are just being human.
Don't you have anybody other than your husband that you can share your feelings with? Sometimes you need to say the same thing over and over again to someone who will just listen.
I will continue to pray for you honey. Don't give up.
Oh, Mandy. I don't know if you'll ever feel "normal", but your pain will ease with time. It is better to get your emotions out rather than keep them in. We are here for you, rants and all. Hugs to you.
I agree with GeGe Mandy, do you have someone else you can talk to? I've seen a counsellor at my uni a few times as I needed them to sign-off on some forms (delayed exams due to trips etc) and, by accident, it was one of the best things I've done. The first time I went was just after we miscarried on our second attempt, and the counsellor they assigned to me was heavily pregnant. Really thought I was coping fine until I started sobbing walking down the hall behind her and realised I couldn't even be in the same room. So back to the waiting area for the next counsellor, who just happened to work at any IVF clinic for more than 10 years and knew all about things that we were facing - including things I hadn't even thought of yet. Two hours and a LOT of tissues later (ha, thought the miscarriage wasn't really affecting me) I came away with so much strength. I now know that I'm incredibly resilient and my coping mechanism of falling asleep when things are horrific(cancer diagnosis, miscarriage, finding out twins were in jeopardy) is something that people normally need to get taught how to do. Who knew?! So go find someone to talk to (perhaps a counsellor at any IVF clinic?) and see what you can find out about yourself. And you know what, it's ok to be down.
Lisa
xx
[embryos were in the freezer for over a year when we started to use them]
Venting is important, darling one. But please talk to your hubby or a close friend about these feelings you're having. You can't do it alone.
xxx
Post a Comment