CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

30 inches of snow + 40mph winds = *pics added*

A BLIZZARD!! We were hit on Sunday into Monday with a ridiculous amount of snow and gusty winds. 30 inches is no joke, the first round (yes you have to break this crap up in sequences) hubby went out at 12am to plow the side walk, driveway and backyard....fine, then come morning same thing right? WRONG, by the time he went to the drive way the snow blower would not drive, motor is fine but the drive shut down...you know what this meant. Manual Labor with shovels. I was not ready for our first snow fall much less 30 inches (half my size, hehe). We got it done by Monday night and back to work on Tuesday..Who needed a flight when the wind gust was 40mph, it could have taken you anywhere u needed to go :)

I dont understand why SUV's or people who are in rather large vehicles think they can go thru anything....i counted 15+ vehicles stranded in our street, some in front the house. From cars to trucks to Suv's, i mean all types and sizes, and then u have those who come speeding down a NON-PLOWED street and side swipe others, that really urks me because u can see the whole thing happening even before it does...

Well we are all safe and sound, and because hubby is on call, it looks like a nice quiet New Years Eve for us. Christmas went well, Santa was good to me and hubby. My MIL and BL were over with a few of her friends. Fun, eh. I hope 2011 is better than 2010 (on the surrogacy front), but i have no complaints....GREAT Hubby, Great Home, family & Friends (mainly surro-buddies), a job (hey it pays the bills) and my HEALTH.
The Back Yard!!
 The Side View from the Front Yard
The Front Yard (the day after-see the roads are clean)

HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. LET IT BE PROSPEROUS TO ALL.

8 comments:

Phoenix said...

I don't even know what a slow blower looks like much less how it works. It sounds divinely cold from where I am sweltering in over 100F every day.. the grass is always greener I guess. Can you takes some pics. i would love a white Christmas ... but we get searingly hot sun, sand, flies, mozzies and sharks at the beach. How different our sides of the world are!

GeGe said...

What a wonderful attitude you have. I always say people are blessed in different ways. I am so glad you are able to see that too.
Of course, that does not mean I am nor praying for parenthood for you and Rick. I do hope it happens for you this year. Love and hugs!

Mike and Mike said...

You win, we only got 19.5 inches here. But at least my snowblower didn't shut down!

Jeff and Kevin said...

Ugh. We got it last year and it SUX. Sorry!
Best wishes for 2011!
K

Kerrie and Mark said...

We have a snow blower but rarely get to use it :)
Toronto does not get the snow like you guys do. Hopefully you can get yours fixed cuz ur in for a LONG winter!!!

jojo said...

OMG - those photos are amazing. I've never seen snow like that.

We really are living opposite lives. Our Christmas day was a swealtering 40 degrees celcius and we haven't been able to leave the house because it's so hot.

Mandy, I hope and pray that this is your year.

I just know it will be.

Merry Christmas to you and here's to a wonderful 2011!

xxx

Tigerlilycat said...

I've never seen anything like that either!! We're up for 43 degrees celsius here today (110 degrees fahrenheit), which will make for great weather at midnight for new years eve celebrations and not a lot more.

Here's hoping that 2011 is your year Mandy!!!

Phoenix said...

Pretty! But it looks very cold.