With that said we were already in contact with Dr. Patel, chatted with other IPs going to Anand, and Mumbai on the forum. At times, i wanted to switch over to SI because they answered all my questions so PROMPTLY and I felt a CONNECTION with them. But we were already with Dr. Patel and thought we had a good chance because i am young. Wrong. There is a difference with clinics in INDIA!!!
- SI-responed to our emails quickly
- Dr. Patel- Very long to repond
- SI- The doc was answering our emails
- Dr. Patel- A girl (who knows who) answered the emails, I saw as i was there
- SI-lengthy emails and very heartfelt, even though i wasnt their client and NEVER encouraged me or solicit me into going with their clinic.
- Dr. Patel- I would write emails and add a personal touch and ask questions and her sole answers would be "OK".......(huh? what kind of answer was that? i wrote a long email with questions and thanked you over and over again for this oppurtunity, and u write ok)....
- SI- has a team of docs and hospitals tehy work withto get quality work and optimum results
- Dr. Patel- single doc with her husband and a few staff on hand that dont communicate with you at all. (i only spoke to Dr. Patel when i had my Ultra sounds and retriveal and very minimum conversation at that- that hurts).
We reached out to SI after we got our negative and decided they have been there for us from the beginning, why go with someone else. They expressed their sympathy and never even solict us to go with them. They told us to take our time and reach out when WE are ready. Well, after then we talked and talked because SI is a little bit more $$ than Dr. Patel. We needed a plan and needed one fast. Hubby worked 2 jobs and i pinched my dollars where i can. He said we cant just haev $$ for stage I, because if we get a positive, we need to have all the $$ up front in case one of us loses their job with the American Economy. (He is so smart, so we pinched evern more!) With that said we contacted SI saying we are ready. They emailed us erollment forms, and tests that needed to be done and cost of enrollment.
As nervous to try again with a whole different clinic we feel welcomed and secure. I am looking at a job cut on Dec. 31, 2009 and thought to myself "THANK GOD, HUBBY and I thought the way we did from the beginning and planning for stage I-III, not only stage I." (might have to borrow $$ but we'll see how far into the year my job goes-it might be sooner than Dec.- lets hope the prices for stages I-III dont raise before we get there :).....
I have faith, hope and confidence the docs at SI will look at my last protocol and realize what went wrong and give be a better plan to work with and have a POSITIVE!!!
5 comments:
Mandy, I am so hoping and praying for a positive for you. I can't wait until we're celebrating that with you.
Hi Mandy, Myself and my Husband are about to send enrollment forms to SI. I too have found them very helpful so far, and I am even more reassured with what you have written.
Lets both hope we have a positive next year. Kerry
Hi Mandy
We are with SI and are very happy now 1/2 way through our pregnancy. I can ring Dr yash at any time and speak to her directly. They allow us to write to our surrogate and talk to her on web cam/skype as well. The hospitals and doctors that they deal with are the best in their fields. Being a same sex couple we have never experienced any discrimination from SI as many other clinics in India do not allow same sex parents to enroll. The best of luck with your pregnancy
M & J x
Communication is so important through this journey. I'm glad you're feeling secure and happy. Waiting for your positive result!!!! Hang in there.
Mandy,
So exciting to hear you are moving along with your plans!
You and your are approaching this so intelligently, preparing yourselves for the possible financial impacts of different outcomes, both with your cycle and in your personal lives. I'm sorry to hear you're facing the loss of an income, but how smart that you were prepared for this so that you could continue seek your dreams in spite of this. I hope that another opportunity comes your way in due course.... at least their is reason for optimism vs. how bad things looked last fall.
Like Mark, we are in our second trimester (with twins) and have had excellent communication with our SI partners, most importantly when there were any concerns that came up with our SM, her pregnancy or from us. We've had our share of worries along the way, but we have been very satisfied and reassured how these have been eased. Best wishes to both of you.
Post a Comment