CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Beginnings & A Bitter Cold East Coast

Today was the first day of my new job. Although i was excited, i missed my old friends and felt very alone. But a job is not a place to be everyone's buddy. Its to do a job you enjoy and pay the bills. It has been bitter cold here and as much as i can handle the cold, i dont think 19 degrees F is for me anymore, with wind gusts up to 40mph, that can cut u..lol. I'm tired of this weather, hoping for a break in it soon.

Now that the holidays are over i can focus on Surrogacy again. We booked flights already with Air India (a direct flight this time because i will be traveling with meds). We were researching hotels like crazy and i was getting bags under my eyes...we contacted Amit and he called me with hotels and details. He then emailed some options to me. We discussed them this evening and decided on the VITS...i emailed Amit and hope we get it. That would be another thing checked off my list.

I start my BCP on Jan. 10th...I like to start packing early so i dont forget anything by the time we leave. When i have things in my suitase it gives me a better visual of what i'm missing...call me weird..lol.

Flight, hotel, gift for surro and docs check....i just have to get something for her husband and 3 yr. old son. Another excuse to shop...i love to shop for others.

Well until next time...Happy New Year! and here's hoping for a good one.

7 comments:

Intended Parents said...

Happy New Year to you Mandy! I am so excited for you!!!

jojo said...

You'll make friends at your new job in no time - trust me!

And congrats on your progress. You're getting closer and closer.

Hooray!!!

xxx

Kerrie and Mark said...

Not long now! Vits is really nice, you will be happy there.
Kerrie

Amber and Brian said...

Wishing you tons of baby dust. I think the next few weeks are going to fly by. We all know how long you have been waiting for this trip and I really pray it works.

Phoenix said...

Yay, it's all about to happen!!!

Sarah Andrews said...

I despise that new job feeling. Thank goodness it passes quickly.

Happy New Year! So glad that you are getting closer to stims!

Kerry said...

Hi Mandy, Hope you are well, and now getting very excited for Feb.
I have lost your email address, and would really like to speak to you again if possible.

Not sure what is the best way to do this as I can't find your email address on SI support group anymore.

Not sure if it is a good idea to put my new email address on here, it is a gmail account. Let me know what you think xx