CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

"We Have Each Other"

Are the beautiful words my hubby said to me after we got a call at 12:30 am from Dr. Sudhir and Dr. Yash saying our beta is very low and we have a negative pregnancy. I really had no words to say other than thank you and then hung up.

We just looked at each other (i tried to hide my tears rolling off my cheek) and said its ok hun, maybe next time. We would love to keep trying but we need to have $$ to try again. I am blessed that we have 3 embies frozen, and if that doesnt work then we really have to give up for a while, because we would have exhausted our funds. This is our 2nd Negative. Maybe in a few months we can try with our frozen sample and go from there. I feel we are just paddling in circles with no end.

I really thought this what it. Hubby turned to me and said, hun i'm sad and disappointed. He thought this was for sure this time. Well lets hope 3rd time is a charm (whenever that is, it wont be for now). Thanks for all the support from everyone, we really dont have anyone to sob to and u guys are always with me every step of they way...i am at a lost for words and blessed to have such a great surro family.

26 comments:

Edward said...

We're so sorry to read your update. I know you know that there have been many people with multiple negatives and then get lucky with try number 3.

We had 2 negatives from one cycle which was very painful...but is surely less painful than 2 negatives from 2 different cycles.

Take the time to grieve your loss right now and try and be comforted that you will succeed if you don't give up!!!

You are in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

My dearest Mandy,

I am so so very sad and sorry that it didn´t work out for you two. My heart stopped for a sec when I read your post. I wish I could change the result or had money to send you for another try because you deserve to become mom. I am at loss of words... but thinking of you and Rick. As he said you have each other and still 3 embryos. Hopefully, you will be able to regroup, save up a little and try again with them. I am sending you a big hug. Gosh, this is soooo unfair....

Shannon said...

We are incredibly sorry to hear the news, Mandy. We are all here for you and your husband. xo

jojo said...

I'm so, so sorry Mandy. My heart sank when I saw your title, and then I had my worst fears confirmed as I read your post.

This is so unfair. You've been so patient and determined and I really thought this was the one too.

But hubbie is right. You do have each other, and you'll help each other get through the next few months till you can try again.

I'm always here if you need me. I wish I could fly over to the states and give you a big hug. I'm doing in virtually, though, and you'll be in my thoughts.

*hugs*

next time, darlin one. xxx

Tigerlilycat said...

Who was it from our circle who said the only people who don't end up with childen are those who give up?? Todd? Regardless, they're right. Our boys were conceived on our third attempt, and from frozen embryos at that. Nik and I had many conversations along the same lines as you guys have been having Mandy - with the key thing being we knew we were ok as a couple regardless of the outcome. That is the most important thing at this stage as we know you'll regroup, sell a few organs to raise some more $$s and then you'll try again. And we know you will try again, you will be successful and one day you'll look back at these entries in your blog and they will be dark, distant memories as the living proof will be crying out for their breakfast as Alex is doing now.

HUGE hug.


Lisa
xx

GeGe said...

Sweet Mandy,
I am so very sorry. I have been praying that the miracle would be yours this time. I don't know what to say except I know you will not give up, and I will not give up praying that you will one day receive the desire of your heart.

Kerrie and Mark said...

Ah Mandy I am so sorry. I was so hoping you would get a positive. FOr now, be grateful for the opportunity and the chance to try again in a few months. Life is not always fair, and this journey can never be easy (well to most of us).
Stay strong girlie, your time will come, soon.

FG said...

I am so sorry to hear your update. I had been thinking of you each day and hoping that it was positive. We hope you are able to try again. We have found that trying gives hope and hope is another start in the journey of surrogacy. Thinking of you both.

Phoenix said...

Mandy, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you love across the miles.

xxx

jon said...

Mandy
Very sorry to hear this. I hope you continue and don't give up. The odds are now on your side.

TJ said...

Oh Mandy, my heart goes out to you and your husband. Please don't give up, though. You have 3 frozen embies so you have to try once more since the 3rd time's a charm. Thinking of you today and tomorrow and beyond.

Charliecat & John said...

I am so sorry, this process is both unfair and brutal. You do have each other and you also have those lovely frozen embryos just ready to be used.

As others have said, grieve and love each other. For what is's worth there are people all over the world thinking and praying for you,

XX

Unknown said...

What can I say that the others haven't already said....I am so sorry Mandy. Was really praying that this was it for you guys.

I know it is hard, but don't give up as so many of us wouldn't have our little ones if we had.

This sucks!!!

Daria said...

I am so sorry Mandy. Your husband is right, you have each other. Lean on each other for support and strength. I will keep you guys in my prayers. I wish it was different for you.

Todd said...

My heart sank when I saw this posting. It is so hard to find any words that can console your pain. As seen in these comments here, you have so many who understand the pain you're going through and we'll all be here to support you when you are ready again. And there WILL be an again. Take care of each other, you will always have that constant in your lives.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for you both. Please take care of yourselves.

C. S. said...

Mandy,
I'm so very sorry and please know that you and your husband are in my prayers.

Stephaniekb said...

So so sorry to hear this news. Hope you'll be able to re-group and make another attempt soon. Take good care of each other.

Intended Parents said...

Mandy,

I am truly sorry. I was hoping, praying and wishing for a better outcome for you. I wish I could change it and make it better. I really do. Sending a big hug your way.

xo, Tracy

Johnny and Darren said...

Oh Mandy we are both sorry to hear this news.

Stay strong.

Carrie Jo said...

I am so sorry, too. I was praying for better news. I wish there was something to say that could help you two.

CocoaMasala said...

I am so very sorry

Doug and Bill said...

Hang in there. So sorry. There's nothing that makes you feel better initially but time does heal (as I'm sure you've experienced with your previous negative). We're move cautiously with the next attempt(s) but we are definitely moving. At what pace is defined by you two. I think Johnny and Darren said that, Lisa, about not giving up. I repeat it in my head often!!!! Big hugs go out to everyone trying...let's take care of eachother!

Aloha,
Doug and Bill

Twins4Abed said...

Sorry to hear the bad news. It is heart breaking specially when your hope is so high. Please don't give up...third time could be the charm.

2 AFRO DADS said...

Guys,

I think Sir Winston Churchill sums it up well when he said

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

Be encouraged....

Sarah Andrews said...

Sending you love Mandy. I wish with all of my heart that things were different for you.

S