CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hope and Frustrations Build

I am happy to say I have been filling out forms and making the appointment to see a fertility clinic here in Jersey. IVF NJ is suppose to be a good one and i have sent my insurance cards, and got all the paperwork ready for our appointment in 2 weeks. Here I will do a cycle and freeze it ready to ship to India. So hopefully by fall/winter a cycle should be done.

However, I have been asking to do a AMH test (formerly known as a MIS test)- anti-mullerian hormone test, for ovarian reserve and NO ONE has a clue what i'm talking about....not my doctor, not my OB/GYN, not the lab and now not the fertility clinic!!!

I have a hard time accepting an ED, but i just wanna check my eggs before i make any rash decisions...after this test then i will know for sure how to proceed...right?

7 comments:

Carrie Jo said...

Mandy, I think checking your ovarian reserve is a wise choice. Our fertility problem SHOULD be a uterine issue, and not an ovarian issue. Having the test done lets you know whether there is a good reason to consider an egg donor or to keep trying with your own eggs.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I would have had to exhaust all possibilities with my own eggs to be sure I had given it my best shot.

Whatever you two choose to do, I can't wait until I'm celebrating with you over your pregnancy. Hang in there. I pray it's your turn soon.

Kerrie and Mark said...

Lets see what we can do...

CocoaMasala said...

I totally agree with Carrie Jo that you should get your AMH and FSH tested, so you know which way to go. I have heard of the clinic you are using they are supposed one of the top in Jersey ;)

jojo said...

Lots of love, gorgeous girl. I'll be hoping right alongside you, as always.

;)

xxx

SKhan said...

Hi Mandy,

I emailed you a long time ago because we are here in NJ too. We took a long break from the surrogacy world trying to figure out how to pursue a family, but we have now decided to pursue surro in India at the beginning of 2011.

I just wanted to let you know - we went to Dr. Kim at Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey when we were thinking about cycling here and sending the embryos to India. We ultimately chose not to pursue that route since we would have been using an egg donor here. He was very knowledgable, helpful and he was supportive of Indian Surrogacy. Not sure if you are happy with IVF NJ, but RMNJ is worth a look if not.
Good luck with your cycle state-side!

Stacey

Daria said...

Mandy,
I agree with the posts and exhaust all your options before going to an egg donor. Good luck and looking forward to hearing about your findings.

coco said...

i second carrie jo. you are right, especially if it feels like the right thing to do. it is so much more comforting when you know you've left no stone unturned. good luck