CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Square 1

Well as i am trying to erase the last 3 attempts out of my mind (very hard to do!) i strat fresh at IVF NJ, in hopes to cycle for the first time in the States and mail my embryo's to India. Our initial visit went down like this: filled out some paperwork (i had all my medical records sorted by clinics and dates, in their own folders, they were so impressed with my organization and cute floral folders, hehe) they took our picture, we waited...they took my vitals while hubby waited in the lounge, the doctor in the mean time was reviewing all my records....then called us in for our "consultation"...she asked MANY MANY questions and advise GUESS...you'll never GUESS.....an AMH TEST!!!!!!!! I was floored. After she interigated us, she wanted to do an ultra sound and check out my stuff, which then she would know what blood work she needed and when to put me on pills. They did the blood work and THANK THE LORD i brought all my medical records since i was like 19 til i was at SI....she didnt need all since i got many done at SI and they could use those except the one that were over a year. My arm was getting soooo weak...lol, but I was thrilled I was getting an AMH test done...then they sat us down with the billing dept, then the counselor who went over gestational carriers...but i explained to her we would use one in India...she was kind of confused and said one of those "just in case you wanna consider a few here"...um no, i cant afford it, duh!...

Now i am just waiting to get the results from the blood work, did i mention the AMH test too..lol...well i'm getting that one too...hehe. And i'll take it from there. If i get over whelmed i'm just gonna go running and screaming this time. Hubby says "one day at a time" and I totally agree...

  1. Get results and then decide whether to cycle if my eggs are a GREEN light 
  2. if its a green light- cycle in the USA with IVF NJ
  3. Send embryo's via cargo to India for a GC (gestational carrier)
  4. IF my eggs are the problem, forget about #2-3, we'll go with ED

8 comments:

TJ said...

Here's hoping you only have to go through steps 1-3. But, if you do need to go to number 4, just know that having a baby using an egg donor still feels amazing!

Miguelina said...

I'm glad they are doing the AMH test, yeehaah for the doctor. I have my fingers crossed that you get the green light to start cycling here with or without ur own eggs.
Sending you positive vibes.
Findinghope

Kerrie and Mark said...

Great news on the clinic!! AMH here we come. Did they give you an idea of how long you will need to wait for results?

Amber and Brian said...

That's great news about the AMH test! It sounds like your doctor is really on top of things which is great.

Doug and Bill said...

i have experienced that look on people's faces and heard it in their voices a million times as we ventured down the surrogacy in india path. it's actually humorous now to think about. oh and the other one was when we were using my niece as our egg donor people would say, "what? you and your niece?" LOL.

Good luck with everything and I hope you get great eggs and embryos to ship to India. We sent our sperm via DHL (and I researched a few others) if you need any of that info.

GeGe said...

Mandy,
I was glad to hear you will be having the AMH test too. I'll be praying as always.

jojo said...

This is all sounds really positive, Mandy.

I'll be anxious to find out your results, too. here's hoping you get the news you long to hear.

Lots of love, as always,

xxx

Doug and Bill said...

Hey there I found your blog for some reason I couldn't locate it earlier. I have that shipping information but there are two attachments that explain their services further. If you want I can email it to you. Basically we used DHL and it was through our clinic in Mumbai (Rotunda).

The other company I discovered was Kynisi and we got their name from a fertility clinic in San Francisco. They are medical couriers whose main function is to move IVF samples both domestic & internationally. This is their information:

KYNISI COURIER SYSTEMS LIMITED
3 Flag House, Brunswick Court, London SE1 3LH
England – United Kingdom
Tel: + 44 (0)20 7357 0001 - Fax: + 44 (0)20 7357 0003
Mobile: + 44 (0)7956 238260 - Email: kosta@kynisi.com

The person I was in contact with was Kosta Kios. He was very responsive and they seemed reputable. Good luck!