CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tragic News

I am shaking and my stomach is hurting so bad as i write this post. I received a phone call this morning (1am) from my family (in Connecticut) saying my cousin (more like my brother since birth) has been shot in the head coming from another cousins home last night (her kids birthday party) and heading to his girlfriends house. No one knew of anything but someone found him and called an ambulance. TO THINK SOMEONE FOUND HIM...WHAT MUST HAVE BEEN GOING THRU HIS MIND!!!! my God, i have no words or feelings at this point. I called for an update and they said they cant operate because they cant find the bullet and he's bleeding a lot. My uncle must be going crazy (its his only son).

We are a close knit family- my dad is 1 of 15 and they all live within 10 minutes from each other. who needed friends when we had cousins. And with my cousin we lived with them for a while and we are so close. I cant imagine anything wrong with him, he is to dear to us and we love him sooo much. the first thing outta my mouth was HE'S SUCH A GOOD KID!!, very polite, good to his parents, soooo funny- his sarcasm rocks, and so much fun to be with. i need to be there and not here. i have left messages for everyone but no return calls. I will just wait on an update and then make a decision- whether to go today or tomorrow. HELP ME DEAR LORD.....


Just spoke with his sister and they did the surgery and are keeping optimistic. The surgery went well the doctor said. I wanted to ask her if there will be any long term effects and if he is stable but they are tired and will be taking a nap before they freshen up and head back to the hospital. Prayers work miracles, i pray there are no long term effects and he is going o be ok with the grace of God.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Mandy, this is terrible news and I am so sorry for you and your family!

Know that you have lots of support and prayers from all corners of the world!

Jackie xx

jojo said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Mandy. I can't imagine what you're feeling at the moment. I'll pray for you and your cousin...hopefully the doctors will be able to save him and his long term prognosis will be good.

Life is so confusing sometimes. Stay strong, girl.

lots of love,
xxx

Kerrie and Mark said...

Mandy I am very saddened to read this news. Lets keep the prayers that he will come through ok.
Kerrie