I was just going online for my daily dose, when i cant help sometimes but check my horoscope..i scroll down afterwards to come across a link to "Who benefits when American women outsource pregnancy to Indian surrogate?" What the hell is the difference between having a surrogate in America and a surrogate in India??? Its simply location but still SURROGACY!! do people not think??
There were a mere 113 (yes, 113) comments, and of course the majority being against it, some to the extent where "they will pray for a sane society...its merely disgusting, ect". Then you have our saviors like our very own Daria (our dear Daria) standing up for women everywhere with our issues.
I refuse to read all the comments and stress myself out, because they do not know what we go thru and i pity them. Its ok to do breast implants, face lifts, ect.....because many say we should adopt and we waste our energy & money on surrogacy, but not implants or other superficial things like that...oh no, they say we should adopt...one person even said Could it be that some folks are just not supposed to give birth?
I answer it like this: I believe Brian (Switzer) said it best, if its not God's will for some people to get pregnant, than why do heart transplants and save a man's life? why treat someone for cancer? is is not God's will for them to have that illness??
The reason for wasting my time and even writing about it's still (and will) continue to be a problem in society and its such a sad sad thing when people judge us but will not judge themselves, who have spent money and energy on plastic surgery, did god not make you the way you are for a reason?? its ok for them to change themselves for superficial reasons but we cant to help us have a realistic reason, um like a family. Adoption is ok for some, but why not try with our biological way first then go down your options. Its sad to see society cast the first stone when they are guilty themselves. I find surrogacy a gift that will bring us closer to our dreams (not a boob job).
I will not loose sleep over mindless, ignorant people but rather pray for them (just like they pray for us to be sane) i pray they will see reason, gain understanding, a dash of common sense and a heart that helps them see our struggles.
I will explain to my baby (yes i know i will when the time comes) and give them the understanding and knowledge they seek for their own answers. I will give my child(ren) the love and happiness they seek rather than seek to hurt others. They will understand society and work with society rather than against it. I only pray.
Just in case you wanna read it:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/outsourcing-pregnancy-to-india-this-is-just-the-beginning-1753055/?pg=1#comments
From Australia Our IVF Babies
1 year ago
5 comments:
I just read through the comments and it makes me very sad. I think one of the problems is that articles like this set a negative slant to start with.
Another problem is that most people who shout adoption have no idea of the reality of the adoption process today. I can't even fathom why the crazies are talking about abortion. What does that have to do with surrogacy?
It is too bad that people are so quick to judge something they probably know very little about and have almost none of the facts.
Your children, Mandy, are going to be privileged to grow up in an enlightened home. Hopefully, the children of most of the commenters will be more open minded then their parents.
It seems everyone nowadays is YELLING at everyone else and no one is LISTENING. Even people who are listening pretend they are not listening if they don't like what they hear and they respond by YELLING louder. We are indeed living in strange time in the cycle of human history. The assisted reproduction battles are just one of many battles where social mores and religious principles are in deep conflict with science and technological progress that is moving too rapidly for some people.
The only thing people can do to respond to this social civil war of sorts is to act based on what is in your heart, not what others pressure you or guilt you into doing.
I don't think i could bear to read the article much less the comments. But here is something for the fertiles of the world to think about:
As there are so many unwanted needy children just waiting to be adopted, why didn't they adopt? How selfish of them to create their own biological children and not adopt!
Don't they have just as much responsibility to care for the world's poor, hungry and uncared for as we who can't have our own children?
Oh, the adoption card once again! I just today got an email from my friend saying that she forwarded my blog to her friend who was one week from the birth of her 'adoptive child' and it all fell through. ONE WEEK!!! And no refund or a baby! Yep we should all go out and adopt because it is just SO easy and no risk at all. K- I am done with my rant! :)
P.S Mandy, thanks for always saying such kind and heartfelt words on our blog. You make my day, special girl!!!!
Thanks to Mandy and all others who commented on that article. I can't stand ignorant people!! If they only knew the heartaches we have! Why can't we all just get along and see the common goal is to have our very own family?!?
Post a Comment