CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Optimistic Attitude & Long Road

I am back home and VERY tired. I didnt think i was coming into work today but i did. As an updat to my cuz....God has been good and all your prayers are kicking in. He has improved so much in 4 days that the docs are so impressed. He is off the life support and he is awake. His left side is suffering from paralasis but none the less his sense of humor is in tack. He is writing us notes and has tons of family suport. He doesnt have the tube down his throat but his throat and tounge is swollen and makes it hard to talk. He is very tired and is not up for company but as a typical 23 year male, he makes time to hit on females in the surrounding area.

Today they have moved him from ICU to a step down with speech therapy starting today. They hope with physical therapy his left side improves (his face/arm/leg). His gets his moments and says will he ever be normal and it breaks our hearts, and asking will he be able to go to school in September (which is his last semster to becoming an RN!!!) but we are all staying strong for him and CONTINUE TO PRAY. I have my moments where i just cry but have to stay strong knowing its gonna be a LONG road for him.

As far a surrogacy, i am so happy for all those on their journey it make me excited for mine. KEEP POSTING. However, i did request my medical records from Dr. Patel and realized i was suppose to be on BCP from Jan 8-Jan 28....i was on it from Nov 8-Jan 28!!!! I saw that and started to cry....could this have been the reason i produced 2 eggs??? all these questions have been going thru my mind. How do i keep sane??? (by reading my surro buddies blogs, i love u guys because u have gone thru sooo much more than me and stay positive and encouraging, THANKS!!)

4 comments:

Carrie Jo said...

Mandy,

The BCP are NOT the reason you didn't produce more eggs. I don't know what is, but it wasn't that. As soon as you go off them and start fertility drugs, your ovaries should pick right back up.

I am so glad to hear of your cousin's improvement. We will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

I am with CJ on BCP. When I was TGP, my doc actually recommended taking BCP for 2-3 months, and then take fertility drugs for a better result. Don´t go crazy over it now. Next cycle is definitely gonna be much better and more successful. I will be praying with you for that.

I wish your cousin all the best on his journey to recovery!!!

jojo said...

I'm so glad to hear your cousin is doing better, Mandy. It must be a weight off your mind.

I don't know anything about the drugs, honey. Sorry. But I do know that your next attempt will be better.

When is it again?

Rhonda and Gerry W said...

Mandy,

I was on the BCP our first cycle for over 2 months as I had a cyst and Dr. Yash wanted the pills to help to reduce it. It is not uncommon to be on the BCP longer. Stop beating yourself up! I know its hard, but think positive and concentrate on moving forward.

hugs,