CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mumbai-Day 3/4?

Sorry for the late post, we had no interent connection and it was fixed with a few phone calls from Amit. We are here safe and sound and thats the important thing.

Day 1- Sunday night at 11:30 pm we landed and got thru immigration in a breeze and cleared by 12:45am. The hotel picked us up and we waited for about 35-40 minutes before our room was ready...i was ready to crash after a 16 hr flight and add 3 hrs trying to get to the airport in the winter storm and an hour delay to de-ice the plane. We hit the

Day 2-We hit the sack around 3:30 am and then the alarm went off to take my meds at 6:30 am...went back to sleep and then the phone rang at 10:30am by Amit,making sure all is well (great guy) and he helped us get in contact with someone to change $$. We also changed our room to have an outside view with naturally lighting. We ate lunch and came back to the room only to take a long nap...we then got a BEAUTIFUL delivery of flowers from SI and because we switched rooms it was looking for us..lol. While at dinner the docs came by and had a bite with us and had a wonderful chat.

Day 3- Headed to the SI clinic for my scan since my USA scans never reached them via email...and the results were not great but hopeful..my left ovary has a cyst that has some how burst causing internal bleeding (so no follicles are being seen) and the right ovary is fine and progressing...after my scan we did a routine blood test, and while we were chatting in the office i started to cry..my scan made me so sad that my chances are not as good as if i has 2 good looking ovaries...damn blood clot thing cyst!! DR. YASH CONSOLED ME AND I FELT SOOOO MUCH BETTER.

Day 4- Today we went shopping with Ajit's cousin Kumar...it was more of a trying to feel better and not cry again day...

I'll post more as soon as i can, the internet is very slow..VITS is nice!

13 comments:

jon said...

Hope for the best, forget the rest as they say! Crossing everything for you that the other ovary cooperates.
Jon
PS - we're getting clobbered in Essex County, 18 inches expected by midnight.. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! And more expected on Monday...

Amber and Brian said...

If it is any consolation. My left ovary has an endometrioma so I never got any good eggs from that side but they always got good quality ones from the right side.

Hopefully your right side will give you lots of good and healthy eggs to make up for the left. Your young age is really one of the most important factors.

You guys are in our prayers.

Intended Parents said...

I'm so glad that you finally got an internet connection. I'm sorry about the cyst on your left ovary. Hopefully it wasn't too painful.

Your right ovary is gonna produce great, healthy, eggs for you. I know it!

xo, Tracy

jojo said...

Stay strong, Mandy. I wish I was there to hang out with you and make you feel better, but know that I'm there in spirit.

I haven't given up hope for you yet, so don't you!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

It was so great to hear from you. I am so sorry about that stupid cyst, but it is not over for you yet, so please, don´t give up!!!! You are young and there is no reason to believe that your other ovary will produce good, healthy eggs.

In the meantime, buy something nice for yourself to cheer you up, (a nice sari, maybe. I remember how you shopped for them last time. You have a great taste).

Mandy, I wish I could do something to make you feel better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. GOOD LUCK !!!!

GeGe said...

Mandy,
I will be praying that your other overy produces many eggs. Hang in there honey.

Phoenix said...

Awww Mandy, I'm hoping the right ovary will make up for the left. I was always a one sided gal, like 2 from the left and 15 from the right my last IVF cycle. Sending you big hugs xxxx

Kerry said...

Big hugs Mandy, as long you have got one good ovary that is all that matters. Hang in there, things could have been worse, try and stay positive. You are in good hands, hope to see you soon xx

Tigerlilycat said...

You made it and there are going to be LOTS of follicles on your behaving ovary - so much so that I'm looking forward to calling you a chook too in a few days.

Kerrie and Mark said...

Ah Mandy, the struggles seem to never end. Atleast your right ovary is good to go! Do you have a follie count from the right? Do you have an expected epu date? Let us know so we can all pray and think of you.

Johnny and Darren said...

It only takes one good egg Mandy!

So glad you are enjoying your time in Mumbai and are happy at the VITS.

Johnny

Daria said...

Hang in there girl! They will take the very best care of you. Be confident and positive results will follow!!

TJ said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Keep your chin up and hang in there. Everything will work out.

XXXX