I think i may be addicted to this whole surrogacy thing. I find myself on the forum constantly, even if I'm not posting but just reading or checking for a new post. I am on my blog all the time, looking at the comments or checking the countdown thing......i am obsessed. I try to tear myself away but it doesnt work. I havent even started to pack yet, is that weird? I need to get back on track with me and my life. Surrogacy has taken me over. I cant find myself getting excited but rather nervous. I know i shouldnt be but i cant help it.
i am lost for words. Is it the BCP? i think it might be. I think once i start packing it will seem real to me. I feel like i'm going on a vacation not surrogacy.
From Australia Our IVF Babies
1 year ago
4 comments:
Mandy,
I know everyone is different, but I calmed down once we were pregnant for a few weeks. I am sure you will too! It can't be the focus of your life forever!
Dear Mandy
I know exactly what you're talking about. It can be very addictive and all-consuming.
But don't be too hard on yourself. This is such a stressful thing we're all doing, and how is one supposed to act, given these circumstances? I think you're behaving in a completely 'normal' way.
I've started rationing my internet time. I'll look in the morning and I'll look in the evening but I won't look throughout the day.
It has really helped. Perhaps you could try this too?
x
Mandy,
I too am like you...but the way I look at it is that right now this IS my life. Its the hope that keeps me going and the support of the forum and reading the blogs makes me feel less alone. And, I really have nothing else..lol...well the basement reno but thats not as exciting as the possibilty of a family in the future! When wil lyou start your injections?
Aww, thanks guys i knew i can count on well wishes and comments to keep me sane.
Kerri- I start injection on Feb. 2nd!! Nervous as hell!...i am just hoping all goes well.
Post a Comment